South East Asia is the newest region where Interserve works. It comprises countries with varied geographies, from tropical forests and paddyfields to coastal areas and megacities. While Buddhism and Animism are the prominent faith and spiritual perspectives, there are also strong threads of Islam and Hinduism in places.
Opportunities abound to share God’s love among the warm and hospitable peoples of this region. Amidst the challenges of poverty and development, and the prevalence of trafficking, many Interserve teams provide safe work for women, teach children at risk or care for victims of disease. Others partner with the young church in this region, through training and building up local leadership.
Interserve workers serving in Southeast Asia include:
- Missional market place business commerce.
- Business development and training
- Social and Community Develop through partnerships, local foundations and International Non-Governmental Organisations.
- English as a foreign language
- Health related services, including nurses, doctors, dental practitioners and educators
- Higher Education, General Education and development
To learn more about service opportunities in this region, please contact one of our National Offices.