Central Asia includes lands populated by Turkic- and Persian-speaking peoples who have historically been influenced by western Chinese and Mongol cultures. Interserve has been involved in this region for the past 30 years, in areas such as community development, healthcare and business. Increasingly this work has been alongside local Christian brothers and sisters.
Europe spans a range of countries, histories, cultures and economies. As in Central Asia, Islam is the majority faith in some of the European countries where we work. In light of increasing numbers of migrants and refugees arriving into Europe, many Interserve teams work in partnership with others to serve refugees and welcome migrants.
- Community development
- Medical, dental and nursing practitioners
- Church ministry
- Providing front-line care for refugee families, from trauma relief counselling to sharing cups of tea, stories, tears and Jesus
- Discipling local and refugee believers and equipping them to serve the marginalised
- Enabling special education programs for refugee children
- Providing trauma recovery treatment planning for refugee children
- Initiating new programs at the refugee centre, and handing these on to local and refugee leadership
- Using technology to make relief efforts sustainable
- Hosting short-term workers and teams to have most meaningful impact
To learn more about service opportunities in this region, please contact one of our National Offices.