East Asia comprises countries with great diversity of cultures, population density and religious perspectives. Worldviews include Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, Confucianism, Taoism, Animism, and Atheism. In a few East Asian countries, Christianity is well established, thriving and reaching out to the rest of the world. In many others the church is numerically small yet continues to grow despite its marginal place in the public sphere.
Interserve teams work in several East Asian countries, using professional skills to bless people who are struggling economically as well as those who are rich in resources but face needs in other areas of their lives. Our workers seek to model Christ’s servant-heartedness to the benefit of local communities.
Interserve workers serving in East Asia include:
- Missional market place business commerce.
- Partnering with other organisations for social and student influence
- English as a foreign language
- Health related services, including nurses, doctors, dental practitioners and educators
- Community development
- Higher Education, General Education and development
- Technology and media
To learn more about service opportunities in this region, please contact one of our National Offices.