This region, encompassing northern African countries and the Middle East, has a rich history which includes that of the early church. Nowadays, the majority faith is Islam. Modern-day Christian communities in this part of the world continue, amidst challenges, to bear a strong witness to God’s sustaining power over the past two millennia.
For several decades Interserve has been involved in a variety of transformational ministries in the Arab World including healthcare, social work, business and media. We are committed to reflecting God’s goodness through service, interaction with local churches, and embracing host communities with love and respect.
Interserve workers serving in Arab world include:
- Teachers and education professionals
- Health care for refugees
- Missional business – including tentmaking and entrepreneurial business development
- Environmental development
- Media – quality television programming for Christians and creative language videos, print materials and radio programming for people wanting to know about the Lord Jesus
- Partnering with other organisations to increase effective youth work
- Theological Education by Extension
- Church ministry
To learn more about service opportunities in this region, please contact one of our National Offices.